Veritas Corporate Law will provide to startups associated with UC Berkeley a set package of core incorporation services at no charge, consisting of:
• Incorporation/entity formation
• Standard legal documents (NDAs, employment agreements, proprietary information agreements, etc)
• Assistance with a pre-funding cap-table
Startup companies are responsible for associated filing fees and other state-imposed charges. Though companies are not obligated to continue to use the services of participating firms after incorporation, Veritas hopes that your company will naturally want to continue the relationship.
Startup@BerkeleyLaw is Berkeley Law's institute for entrepreneurship, venture capital, and the law. The program supports law students interested in the law surrounding entrepreneurship and provides legal education and services to the Berkeley startup community. These services include workshops for founders, pro bono office hours, and various corporate legal offerings.
QB3's Startup in a Box program gives founders everything they need to create a well-structured company and ensure the company is ready to succeed. Services provided to members of QB3's Startup in a Box program (which costs $250) include:
• Legal help with incorporation
▪ Selection of the form of business organization
▪ Help with setting up the initial capital structure (including discussion of vesting schedule and issuance of shares)
▪ Registration with appropriate authorities
▪ Standard legal documents (NDA, consulting, employment, and SAB agreements, etc.)
▪ Preliminary review of IP position (including a letter of intent for a license from the university, if necessary)
• Commercial bank account
• SBIR application workshop (15 hours total) — a requirement of the program
• Pitch deck/executive summary workshop
• Freedom-to-Operate Analysis in collaboration with the UC Hastings Startup Legal Garage
Startup in a Box companies are responsible for associated filing fees and other state-imposed charges. Though companies are not obligated to continue to use the services of participating firms after incorporation, we hope that your company will naturally want to continue the relationship.